Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summa, summa, summatime!

It’s been a while and for that I apologize. A lot has been going on in my life for the past few months. A lot is still going on but I think if I took any longer with a new blog post Jessica Johnson would kick my ass lol So here it goes…..


End of Spring 2011 Semester: I ended my junior year of college on a pretty good note. Good grades except for one C, damn that teacher. Her class sucked anyway lol Nevertheless I’m still maintaining the GPA I want and need. I cannot believe that in the fall I will be a senior in college. It’s freaking me out. I gotta start getting ready for the REAL REAL world. I have to buy a GRE book and start studying cause I’m not playing no games, you guys best believe you will be calling me Doctor Perreaux some day. I’m getting my masters and Doctoral degree in the near future.

As for the beginning of my summer………

Miami/Bahamas: Miami was an experience. I was with best friends and new friends. I was with friends I’ve known for a very long time and it’s still seems like we were all getting to know each other for the first time. Mami had it’s ups and downs but it was a learning experience. It was really hot, but the beach was poppin. Bahamas was really nice, reminded me of DR. Brown peoples, beer and beaches. My kind of B’s! hola! ☺ lol It sucks that we only got to go to Bahamas for like 3 hours. I wanna go for a few days next time.

Semester at Sea: was………..DOPE! I fucks with this program od hard. At first I was a little like ‘ehhh’ cause I was being kinda anti-social and cause I was always sleepy as hell but I adjusted and realized I better take advantage of this opportunity cause this only happens once in a lifetime. Living on a ship was cool. I sometimes forgot I was in the middle of the ocean but I would look outside and sea that beautiful blue water and I’d get boosted. After about 11 days in the voyage I saw Spain to my left and Morocco to my right. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful sight. Classes are going well. I’m taking a English Studies in Poetry class and an Intro to Anthropology class. My teachers were awesome and I’m pretty sure they were hippies in the 60s lol and classes were really chyll cause….we were on a fucking boat! Lol There were some people that were mad whack on the ship and then there were those who were pretty awesome. Like my roommate, we get along really well. We had lots in common; we both had boyfriends back home, we’re both education majors, we both think half the people on this ship were dumbasses lol and we’re both sugh…holla at us! Lol It’s a really nice environment to be living in.

Spain: I’m going to live in Barcelona one day. Deadass. Seriously. All jokes aside, I loved that place. I didn’t want to leave. The architecture was genius. Gaudi (the architect who basically designed all the parks, churches, etc, of Barcelona centuries ago) is a genius. Everything he created was so beautiful. Barcelona looked like poetry. I don’t even know what that means, but that’s what Barcelona looked like lol everyone was soo nice. Everyone spoke different kinds of Spanish. There were different kinds of people everywhere, not just Spaniards. There were several Dominican neighborhoods where I felt really at home. WASH HEIGHTS! The paella’s were phenomenal. I ate Paella 7 times in 4 days, I mean c’mon. The Sangria was delicious! I had never tasted Sangria before this trip so it was definitely exciting to taste for the first time in Sangria’s birthplace. The city was so clean and beautiful. Everyone was on their PDA shit lol seriously EVERYONE and their moms was on their PDA shit. Little kids, adults, elderly peoples, there was love everywhere and they aint’ care. It was nice to experience that. Made me miss my sugh a lot. I also spent way too much money over there but it’s cool, it was worth it. I fell in love with Barcelona.

Italy: BELLA ITALIA! Italy was cool, I went to many different cities in Italy. I went to Pisa, Rome, Civatavecchia, and Naples. Pisa was iight, I saw the leaning tower of Pisa which wasn’t even leaning that bad lol but we ate some Pizza and Pisa and then just hung around the town. Civatavecchia reminded me of my hometown in DR. It was small and beautiful. Rome was HOT! Lol temperature wise. I saw everything there is to there, except the Vatican cause my ass wasn’t waiting in the heat for 5 hours to see it lol it ain’t all that, At least I hope it wasn’t lol since I missed it. I ate some bangin Pasta in Italy. I didn’t really go out in Naples except when we went to go visit Pompeii, which was really nice. We saw the ancient city of Pompeii how it looked after Mt. Vesuvius erupted. Overral I liked Italy

Croatia: I fell in love. My favorite place in Europe so far. The vibe, the feeling, the people, the culture, the food, the water, the view, the history, it all was just so overwhelming but so exciting at the same time. I actually don’t have much to say about it because I’m still shocked on how much I loved Croatia. I took shots of moonshine with my anthropology professor in the mountains in a small village of Dubrovnik. I kayaked around an island and saw the sun set on the most beautiful water in the world, ate phenomenal seafood. I fell in love.

Greece: I was sick for most of Greece but I did get to see some Greek Islands and saw the Acropolis in Athens. I also ate some Dominican food at a dominican restaurant and it was sooooo good and unexpected. It was so random to find my peoples in Greece and apparently there were a lot of us there lol I loved it. I want to go back to Greece some day, when I’m completely healthy and don’t have a cold.

Turkey: I FUCKS WITH TURKISH PEOPLE! Lol They are hilarious, especially the men. They really know how to show people a good time. I saw many beautiful mosques, saw the hood of Istanbul, went into the incredible Grand Bazaar where I spent way too much money, got a Turkish bath and an amazing massage. Went out at night at Taksim Square and had one of the best nights ever! Loved it! Want to go back, definitely.

Egypt: Ahhhh “Mother of the World.” Egypt was quite an experience. A good one and a bad one, a learning experience, a fascinating experience, a memorable experience. I loved Egypt. I saw the Pyramids and I still cannot believe it, I was awe-inspired when I saw that. I rode a camel, a very mean camel but he got me from point A to B so I can’t complain lol I ate the best $2 meal I’ve ever eaten in my life. Stayed at the sketchiest/coolest hostel in life. Stayed in traffic for more hours than I can count on my fingers but at the end of the day I had a smile on my face because I was in Egypt.

Morocco: oh no! the last country :/ It was really sad but I enjoyed my time in Morocco. Got lost in the souqs, made friends with cool Moroccan people, ate incredible rice and chicken, stayed in the most beautiful Riad ever, ate realy good tajim, rode a really hot train for a few hours, learned many things, got an incredible massage, ate mcdonalds….unfortunately, spent a lot of money again and reflected on my trip. I loved Morocco. Wish I could have stayed their longer to enjoy it more. Next time.


Last days on the ship were sad but fun. We all wrote on each other's maps. Reminisced on stories of the summer. Reflected, learned, laughed, cried, had good times. I'm sad they ended but I will NEVER EVER forget my summer 2010 Voyage around the Mediterranean.

No comments: