Saturday, September 11, 2010

POETRY!!!!

This is a performance from BNV 2010 by the Miami team. My beautiful friend Yarminiah went in, this poem is od.


I was at the Nuyorican Poets Cafe last night watching my good friend, Carvens Lissaint, feautre and sell his books and besides the fact that he went in and changed my life I just really had an incredible time. I truly missed poetry, seeing it, hearing it, feeling it, touching it, tasting it, all of it. I missed it and I needed it in my life. I'm feeling very happy for some reason. Life is good, only always (-Mos Def). I'm happy to be happy, to be feeling genuinely happy. School is already kicking my ass but I have a new home and I'm sure I'll start feeling comfortable with myself and life very soon again.

I want to send love and light to those who lost someone dear to them 9 years ago on this date, 9/11. May you remember the good times with these special people.

Also, R.I.P. to my grandmother Salome Santana, who passed away 33 years ago today. She was a beautiful woman and I wished to have met her but I know she's watching over me and smiling.


Be beautiful!

No comments: