Sunday, March 14, 2010

who would've thought?

so apparently I'm part portuguese. I found this out on Friday in my Portuguese 122 class. I don't know how the conversation came about but the last Silva was the topic and I'm like wait my moms maiden name is Silva. So I tell my professor that and she goes, well that means that my moms dad had a Portuguese grandmother or grandfather. I was like BOOSTED MINES! only cause I'm already taking portuguese 2 and I'm actually really good at it.

My beautiful new flag...


Portugal seems pretty beautiful to me. I hope to go someday.


and then of course I already knew I was french too. My last name gives it away, and also the fact that my great grandfather was a white ass french man lol


would love to visit some day and find some fams over there.


Even though these ethnicities probably didn't come from a positive background I'm still gonna be proud of being Portuguese, French and especially DOMINICANA!! and Obviously I got African in me, don't we all? FIST UP HIGH! HOLLA!

What sucks about all of this is that I'm going through all of Europe this summer with Semester at Sea but they aren't stopping in France nor Portugal.....smh maybe I could take a one day trip to Portugal from Spain when I'm there, same goes for France. We shall see.

BTW I saw Q-tip, DJ Jazzy Jeff and Peanut Butter Wolf last night going in on the discs!! their DJing skills are off the chain. Definitely a legendary concert. Had a great time with tee and ging.

New day, have lots to do. I'm off.

p.s. HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY TO THE BEAUTIFUL ELINEL!!! <3

No comments: