Monday, March 1, 2010

21.

1. Very proud of seeing lots of latinos, specifically dominicans, at the University of Pennsylvania this past weekend. Last saturday was Dominican Independence Day and I was in Philly so a few friends of mine and I went to a Dominican Independence Day party a Latino Fraternity was throwing. We were actually the first few people to get there so we just started drinking and I was actually disappointed to think there weren't many latinos at UPenn. But I was definitely mistaken, that house got PACKED! and it was soooo fun and excited to see true dominicans there. When I say "true" I mean, straight up dominicans from the Heights and the Bronx reppin' huge flags on their backs and dancing their asses off when Merengue and Salsa were playing. It was a beautiful sight to see.


2. Besides that poppin' party, philly in general was poppin. We went to two other parties right after that, it wasn't as great but I still had fun cause I was with my boys (Carvens, Josh, and Miles). It was mad cool to just walk around a campus and go to different parties. I'm so used to throwing my own parties, I forgot how it feels like to enjoy a party without worrying if someone is dying in my bathroom or if there isn't enough liquor or if someone broke something. I really enjoyed myself, I definitely needed this escape.


3. I'm considering going to Philly for graduate school cause UPenn got this Interdisciplinary program. Then again, I'm considering Upstate new york, DR, NYC, Chi-town. ugh who knows. I've got some time to think about it.

4. There are MAD SUGH'S in PHILLY!! :) that boosted mines od. And specifically in UPenn, I was like OhHHH!!!! Smart ass Sugh's really!??!

5. UPenn has a gorgeous ass campus and there was Chipotle right in front of Josh and Dominique's Dorm building. YES!

6. I got to see Alysia and Dominique too!! :) such beautiful beauties.

7. I'm going to LA in May. I need to. My lovely boy, Shane, came to visit me for a week in January in the cold ass weather all the way from LA so it's only right that I go visit him in May for a week in the hot weather. Tee might come with me. Hyped! All I wanna do over there is go to the beach (every day), jam out, get to know LA, meet some cuties over there, and GET BROWN!!

8. Happy Belated Dominican Independence Day!! It was last saturday and yes I did rep a little bit. I went to work wearing my dominican wrist band and wearing my dominican button on my shirt. Ahh I love being dominican!! <3

9. Speaking of, I'm off to DR on March 28th-April 9th. Cannot wait! I haven't been there in 2 years! that's OD for me.

10. Speaking of once again, I was on the Megabus leaving Philly and some people behind me were talking about New York and where they live in New York. The guy lived downtown and the girl was talking about how she lives in Washington Heights ( mind you, both of these people were white....not to be racist or anything). So yea, the girl she was like "Yea I live in Washington Heights on Fort Washington Avenue, I hate it, There's lots of Dominicans around there. They're cool people but they just have such a loud culture" ...........really bitch? lol wow that's crazy. First of all, you live on FORT WASHINGTON AVENUE which is where all the white folks live and there is no nose around there whatsoever and our "loud culture" is what makes this neighborhood freaking awesome and third, "loud culture" makes no sense. Shut up.

11. On the same journey back but on the 1 train going uptown I over hear a few tourists (white people) talking about broadway shows and they start talking about "In The Heights" and the girl asks what is it about? and the guy goes on by saying it's about Washington Heights, which is in upper manhattan. It has lots of cool dances and music, we should see it so we can talk about it with "Jorge". I'm guessing Jorge is their only hispanic friend. I swear tourists.....ugh.

12. I got to spend time and get to know better a good friend of mine that goes to UPenn. He's such a sweetheart and an amazing ass person. He just got accepted to Harvard Graduate School. What a freaking genius ass phenomenal person. word.

13. I'm actually looking forward to this Spring, this winter has really blown mines.

14. I want to drop out of school, quit my job and become a nomad.

15. I seriously cannot believe it's March already. I was just celebrating New Years just the other day, crazy. Time is flying like crazy.

16. I want another tattoo.

17. I miss my niece and nephews, Isaiah, Luis Daniel and Jasmine like Crazy.

18. Life, is kicking my ass

19. I feel very alone most of the time.

20. Something is missing.

21. I just deleted my facebook, It feels good.

No comments: